What causes nausea after taking Metamucil?

I just took prilosec 40 mg and pepcid 20 mg. 30 min later i took some metamucil. 30 min after taking the metamucil i feel real nauseous.... Am i allergic to metmucil?.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Metamucil does induce bloating, mild discomfort and nausea in a few people. These are side effects accompanying it. I don't think this is allergy manifestation. I would not be concerned if you have no vomiting spells, severe abdominal cramps, itching or breathing difficulty. Hope this helps. Regards