What causes nausea after drinking alcohol?
User rating for this question
Hi, From the ages of 18 to 27 I drank alcohol regularly in excessive amounts. I continued to drink regularly, although much less in quantity until now at 33 years old. Recently, after I consume any alcohol at all, I feel nauseous. This has happened on at least five occasions. Is this a sign I may have done serious damage to my body from alcohol, or have I just developed an intolerance now? Could I have some other issue that when adding alcohol is causing nausea?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: it is a sign of damage Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX I have read your query. Yes, definitely the nausea feeling is a sign of damage to the upper intestine, probably the stomach and the oesophagus has undergone erosion with underlying ulcers. This happens in case of long standing alcohol consumption as in you. I do not think it is intolerance that you have developed now. In my view, you need to get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done to look at the status of your oesophagus and stomach. You can get this done on an elective basis. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- I am suffering from e. coli infection, can i take sulfatrim?
- I am suffering from enterocolitis, can i take antispasmodic?
- What causes nausea after eating
- I am suffering from measles prophylaxis, can i take proquad?
- Gas forming organisms
- Focal intestinal metaplasia
- What causes nausea after shower
- Floats stools pancreatic
- Oral focal melanosis
- Can i take ventolin hfa for asthma with status asthmaticus ?
- What causes nausea after alcohol consumption
- Foul-smelling intestinal gas
- Is artefill used in the treatment of lateral canthal lines ?
- What causes nausea after drinking alcohol
- What causes nausea after an endoscopy