What causes nasal blockade along with headache?

ENT Specialist
Hi Doctor, My nose's left nostril is blocked from last one month due to which i feel headache.I am using Nasivion drop from last 15 days.I get relief for 12 hours when i take nasivion drop after that again headache starts.Please advice what medicine should i take.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: steam, mucolytic, decongestant drops & antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You have nasal blockade along with headache. The cause can be deviated nasal septum (DNS) or turbinate hypertrophy with or without sinusitis. DNS alone or mucosal hypertrophy alone or in combination can produce headache. Sinusitis is infection of sinuses and the cause can be because of DNS or some acute attack of rhinitis leading to retained infection in sinuses. Please consult an ENT and you need to undergo a CT scan Para nasal sinuses. Depending upon the findings of CT scan, medical management or surgical procedure may be required. If you want to go for medical treatment before consulting an ENT, please go for steam inhalation, mucolytic, decongestant nasal drops and antibiotics for few days. If thing do not improve, please consult an ENT. Feel free to ask another query. Regards