What causes muscle twitching in hands, feet, arms, shoulders and eyes?
User rating for this question
My wife has muscle twitching in hands feet arms shoulders sometimes eye. This happens when she is seated watching tv. When she is resting at night most of it stops but she worries about it and therefore cannot sleep well. It started about 2 months ago when she began treatment for sciatic nerve pain. She no longer has the pain.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: May be anxiety related. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The most likely and common causes for such twitchings are 1... High levels of stress,anxiety,nervousness or excitement or anger. 2... Consumption of excess of alcohol or caffeine. 3...low levels of calcium,potassium,magnesium etc 4... Low levels of VIT B12 5... Use of medicines like anti asthmatics,anti seizure,weight loss medicines etc 6.. Certain disorders like hyperthyroidism or hypoparathyroidism. I would advise you to get her tested for above mentioned causes,stop alcohol and caffeine, do regular stress buster exercises like deep breathing exercises and yoga and taking good nutritious diet. If some deficiency comes in the tests,then take those supplements. She should be all right with these measures in next 6 to 8 weeks but if you don't find any change in the symptoms or they worsen, then you may consult a neurologist for proper evaluation. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- Yelchuri for bone marrow
- Vaginal yeast infections and post coital bleeding
- Having yellow eyes and cold feet what are the causes
- What does white on bone xray mean
- What does pain on tail bone mean
- What causes sticky hands and feet
- What causes eye twitching and dizziness
- Bleeding copper coil underlying comdition e
- Medicine mutton bone soup
- Muscle flickering in the shoulder and eyes cause
- What causes trembling hands and feet
- How long does post coital bleeding last
- Painless post coital bleeding in urine
- My scrotum bleeding will not clott
- Bone marrow treatment by yelchuri