What causes muscle twitching and tingling all over body?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have had muscle twitching all over body for three months. I also have tingling all over body. It does not seem to go away and I get so anxious I have also experienced a couple of anxiety attacks.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: causes as below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The most likely and common causes for these twitchings and tingling are 1... High levels of stress,anxiety,nervousness or excitement or anger. 2... Consumption of excess of alcohol or caffeine. 3...low levels of calcium,potassium,magnesium etc 4... Low levels of VIT B12 5... Use of medicines like anti asthmatics,anti seizure,weight loss medicines etc 6.. Certain disorders like hyperthyroidism or hypoparathyroidism. I would advise you to get tested for above mentioned causes,stop alcohol and caffeine,do regular stress buster exercises like deep breathing exercises and yoga and taking good nutritious diet. If some deficiency comes in your tests,then take those supplements. You should be all right with these measures in next 6 to 8 weeks but if you don't find any change in you or your symptoms worsen,then you may consult a neurologist for proper evaluation. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL