What causes muscle spasms?
User rating for this question
I'm 48 yo w/m . Every time i stretch, my back gets muscle spasms. When I get up after sleeping, my shoulders hurt, almost a burning pain, not in the joint, but muscle.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: get your calcium and vitamin D levels checked Detailed Answer: Hello, The muscle spasms that you are getting could be due to low calcium and/or vitamin D levels. I would suggest you to get tested for both of these. In the meantime, you can start yourself on calcium supplements that are available over the counter. Take a glass of whole milk daily. Avoid stretching for a while now as it may increase the spasms. Do let me know the test results to guide you further. Take care!
People also viewed
- What causes muscle spasms
- Thalassemia minor hair fall
- How to get rid of foul smell during period
- Suffering from cough what treatment should be done
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What is the cause and treatment for muscle spasms
- Hemochromatosis and fast heart rate
- Wbc levels in fecalysis
- How to reduce weight
- Does electromagnetic radiation cause cancer or any other disease
- Suggest a good toothpaste for bleeding teeth
- Do iron pills make your farts smell
- What causes eye muscle spasms
- Modifiable risk factor of thalassemia
- What causes muscle spasms symptoms