What causes muscle soreness in lateral left thigh below incision sight post melanoma?

I have a history of melanoma on my left hip / removed deep wide excision January 2003- they quit doing any f/u testing when I hit the five year survival other than skin checks / I month ago I noticed muscle soreness in lateral left thigh below incision sight / as of past two days right hamstring soreness and right bicep soreness with minimal palpation or touch - no pain or symptom at rest / soreness is like a deep bruise? Should I be concerned.. Annual physical not due till March - should I order blood work??
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not a melanoma, seek ortho or rheumo Detailed Answer: Good Day XXXX Thank you for asking . My name is Dr Khan and i would like to help you with your concern for the post melanoma complains of the area . Mrs XXXXXXX i want you o know that Surgery done in january 2003 by wide local excision is 10 years old procedure and if the recurrence has not been a matter yet i am sure it wont be in future too but one thing is clear that melanoma has tendency to recur so regular monitoring even after surgery is advised. Now in your case the presentation of soreness below incision site is rather a multidirectional etiology and it could be any thing considering post menopausal age of 54 with bone degeneration a possibility and a neuromuscular etiology can not be ruled out too. Miss XXXXXXX I want to reassure you that 10 years old melanoma wont bother you, the odds are less. Such presentation is not even of a melanoma. All it needs is a good orthopaedic surgeon and a rheumatologist to sort out the etiology for you. SO yes do some blood work but let the recommended doctors decide what to do in blood work. To me this soreness looks like a skeletal muscle trouble with bones involved secondary to post menopausal age. Needs a clinical correlation though. Miss XXXXXXX hope this answer finds you in good faith. Keep me posted about the follow ups and stay in touch. Take some very good care of yourself and have a very good rest of the day. May the odds be ever in your favour. Kindly close the discussion please and rate the answer as per your experience. Regards Dr S Khan