What causes muscle cramps and spots on legs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Its hard to explain,my left leg cramps up at the weirde st times,and there are hard spots along the middle of my leg
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Explained below Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Muscle cramps can be reduced by Massaging the cramped muscle with your hands or oil. Drinking plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Stretching your leg muscles or riding a stationary cycle. Taking diet rich in calcium and potassium or oral supplements of the same Check your vit B12 and Vit D 3 levels. Hot and cold fomentation to leg. Till time, avoid lifting weights, You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. Add tab methylcobalamine 1500 mcg once day. Feeling of hard spot can be due to muscle spasm. If hard swelling increases then you may need to further investigate. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care