What causes muscle and joint pains with face numbness and stomach pain?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
About two months ago I used a heating pad on my quad muscle(upper leg) it got excruciating. Then rest of week I had stiff leg. Then it moved to left leg then calf. I will have joint pain in legs and it will feel on sides under knee that part on side under knee that feels like a muscle/vain. I have been to several dr. I also during this time have sinus issues. I was given z pack. My left hand became excruciating if bent a certain way: I had blood taken two weeks a part and urine sample. My ag was a 9 which said it was 1 bellow normal. My eos count was noted high, but absolute eos was in normal range. I have lower back pain, face numbness for a week and my stomach will feel a sharp pain every so often, which direction should I go? I also have pain under my arm pit that comes and goes
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Some investigations are needed. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. If you have already been investigated then please upload the reports so that I am better able to help you. Following investigations may be helpful :- 1. RA Factor. 2. CRP. 3. Serum uric acid. 4. Serum Calcium. 5. Serum sodium. 6. Liver Function Test ( LFT ). 7. Complete Blood Count ( CBC ). 8. Urine examination. Till then you can take painkiller like Ibuprofen twice daily after meals along with serratipeptidase and an antacid like Omeprazole 40mg once a day. Reports of the above mentioned Investigations will help in planning your medical management. I would also suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a physician. Psychiatrist help in planning pain management can also be sought. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Follow-up: What causes muscle and joint pains with face numbness and stomach pain? 10 hours later
Hi, Thank you Dr. R A XXXXXXX for contacting me back! I am uploading the lab results. I have had blood at two different er's and this one that I'm uploading is the most recent from feb. 13th. Both labs were deemed ok, I had a urine sample done XXXXXXX 25th and that was ok. I had a slight raise on eos but absolute eos was normal. My General doctor also suggested checking into sleep apenea. I'm also wondering if this all could be vascular heart related. I have had 3 ekg's done since October and all have come back fine. I just want to be able to out rule some things that the symptoms could be. Thanks again for your input. If you could give me some more insight from my labs. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Your reports are within normal limits. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for providing more information. I have gone through your reports. There is no significant abnormality. I would advise that you should get investigations like RA Factor,CRP and serum Uric Acid done. Your symptoms are not heart related and the normal EKGs confirm that. You should take the medicines mentioned in my earlier post and plan for pain management as told earlier. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Regards. Thanks.