What causes muscle and joint pain with chest pain and breathing difficulty?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Hi, I have been experiencing for a year now severe muscular and joint pain. I have inflammation of the neck area, shoulders, elbows and knees as well. My body becomes very hot.. not like hot flashes just extremely hot as if it is an internal fever and then the inflammation gets worse. My chest hurts and I canot take a deep breath without the pain going to the back of my shoulder blades I have been to several doctors who have run blood test and all come in negative. Thyroid is working, hormones at right levels, no cholesterol, blood pressure 128/62. And was told no RA, that they have no idea what is wrong and why this is happening?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This may be due to non-specific cause Detailed Answer: Hi. Thank you for posting your query. This is good that the blood tests are negative and there is no RA. Your symptoms may be due to a condition called teno-synovitis, wherein there is inflammation of the tendons and lining of joints called synovium. The exact reason for this condition is not known but it is postulated that some people affected with such problems can be due to a sort of an autoimmune reaction , giving pain , fever , feeling sick and so on. The tests turn out to be negative. Many may have accompanying non-specific bowel problems and / or anxiety problems. A short course of steroids in reducing doses under the direction of a Doctor helps to alleviate the problems ( if you are not diabetic). This problem reduces over a period of time. Take bed rest during the attack, a sound sleep helps to alleviate these problems. Hope this answers your query, please feel free to write back if you need any clarifications. Wishing you good health. Regards