What causes mucus retention cyst in my right nasal passage and tension headache?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Hi, First let me walk you through my series of events: Had a filling done on top left molar, superficial, went to chiropractor for back/neck adjustments. Initially, onset of dizziness that lasted everyday for one month, left eye blurriness, bubbles of air coming through eyelid and eye feeling strained. optometrist ophthalmologist said eyes are normal. Pressure, strain and air pocket still remains in left eye socket. Then, back to chiropractor complaining of dizzy symptoms, was adjusted again. Dizziness subsided, headaches began, feeling of ballooning inside my head almost tension headache, lasted for one month consistently everyday, eye remaining pressured and as before, went back to dentist to have teeth inspected once more, nothing remarkable. I have been to the ER three times feeling unwell, had a CT scan of brain, Sinus x-rays, and MRI of brain saying slight thickening of mucus membranes, I have a mucus retention cyst in the right nasal passage and two borderline enlarged polyps? or undetermined enlarged growths in my right nasal passage, but they have found nothing regarding my left side which is where all of the pressure, pain and discomfort is... ive taken 3 courses of amoxicillin with no relief. Currently, pain and pressure in left temple, eye feels as if air is trapped behind it, watering, air occasionally escapes upper lid, left cheekbone pain by my temple, general all over headache if I don't control with ibuprofen. What is going on with me???
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Think of Trigeminal neuralgia. Detailed Answer: Hi. This was a nice chronological explanation of your symptoms flashing me for a probable diagnosis of trigeminal Neuralgia. of left side. All this pain and weird symptoms can be very well attributed. The findings on the right side have really been innocuous. MRI of brain might have diagnosed the cause ( in some cases where there is an actual arterial twig around this nerve. The Neurologist will certainly help you to get this pain diagnosed by your clinical history and examination and would prescribe the medicines to over the pain and other symptoms. All the best. Keep us posted about the diagnosis and further progress and for any further queries once you visit the Neurologist.
Follow-up: What causes mucus retention cyst in my right nasal passage and tension headache? 28 minutes later
With trigeminal neuralgia, the attack is a sudden pain and with me the pain is constant and dull pressure in my upper cheekbone, temple area putting pressure on my eye. What would cause air to build up in my eye socket?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 5 hours later
Brief Answer: review or redo Radiological investigations Detailed Answer: The symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia can be different in all the patients, although the maximum would get what you explained. Few patients do get continuous pain. As far as your symptom of building air pressure and actual air occasionally escaping upper lid may be due to connection with a sinus or other airway. But this is usually caused by trauma. CT scan of brain, Sinus x-rays, and MRI of brain would have shown an air shadow. It may be wise to ask for review of the scan by radiologist or actually having a fresh one with an intention to see if there is a connection.