What causes mucus in the stool indicate?

Question
Hi, I am 7 weeks cesarean pp, i m worried that i have been finding mucus in my stool and my stomach growls a lot but no constipation and hard stool and no abdominal pain. Recently i have been treated for vaginal yeast infection. What could be the reason?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Infection or medications

Detailed Answer:
What you say is increased peristalsis by the bowels?
Since how long do you have this mucus?
Since how long do you have stomach growling?
What were various drugs giving during vaginal yeast infection and pregnancy.
Infection is most common reason why you see the mucus especially the parasites like Giardia, Ameobiasis and Helminths.
THe other reason could be the good bacteria inside the stomach would be killed with all the strong antibiotics you were given for two to three weeks during and after delivery, also during vaginal yeast infection. So there is imbalance of the gut microbes.
You can safely take Susp Enterogermina two times a day for 7 days.