What causes mucus in stool?
User rating for this question
i generally have a stomach upset and i feel stomach full of gas and go for clearing bowels after every meal. of late iam noticing a whitish mucus like substance in stools. should i be concerned. which doctor should i consult. what could be the likely cause.i have mild stomach pain though not significant, which clears after bowels.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. As you are youbg person, nothing serious shoukd be the reason. It can be sone chronic infection of intestines, bad diet or even pregnancy. I suggest you to start with probiotic intake, diet improvement(avoid fatty foods,spicy foods,alcohol, increase fiber rich products and mineral water intake). If it wont help in few days you should consult gastrologist. Gallstones, peptic ulcer should be considered. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis, stool test and gastroscopy should be done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- What causes mucus in stool with on and off diarrhea
- Large neck what does that mean
- What causes excess mucus in stool
- What does it mean to have heart burns all the time
- Losartan and heart burn
- What causes blood and mucus in my stool
- What causes blood in stools and pinkish mucus
- Why are my bowels loose with acid reflux
- Meaning of msf in ovulation study
- What does recurring night sweats mean
- What causes mucus strands in stool
- Pregnancy burp belching throat stuck sensation cant eat
- What does multiple subcentimeter pulmonary nodules meaning
- Vomiting during hyperacidity occurring only in the night time
- What in medicine means rbc