What causes mucus in stool?
User rating for this question
i generally have a stomach upset and i feel stomach full of gas and go for clearing bowels after every meal. of late iam noticing a whitish mucus like substance in stools. should i be concerned. which doctor should i consult. what could be the likely cause.i have mild stomach pain though not significant, which clears after bowels.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. As you are youbg person, nothing serious shoukd be the reason. It can be sone chronic infection of intestines, bad diet or even pregnancy. I suggest you to start with probiotic intake, diet improvement(avoid fatty foods,spicy foods,alcohol, increase fiber rich products and mineral water intake). If it wont help in few days you should consult gastrologist. Gallstones, peptic ulcer should be considered. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis, stool test and gastroscopy should be done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- What causes mucus in stool with on and off diarrhea
- Duct cell carcinoma causes
- What causes excess mucus in stool
- Anaphylactic laryngeal edema causes
- What causes blood and mucus in my stool
- What causes blood in stools and pinkish mucus
- Sorbiline and acid reflux
- Snapple and acid reflux
- What causes mucus strands in stool
- Penis skin infection causes
- Tamoxifen and acid reflux
- Stage four acid reflux
- Mesenteric cysts causes
- Chronic urinary retention causes
- Waxy taste from acid reflux