What causes mucus discharge with passing of motion?
User rating for this question
Hello Sir, My name is XXXX. I has asked question regarding my kid XXXXXXX 2.5 years old when she was suffering from loose motions. Your suggestions helped me to ask our regular Pediatrician to recommend Stool tests. Now she is OK. Earlier her stool was sent for investigation, showed PUS 6-8 HSF, reduce in substances positive, and blood occurent positive. Doctor changed medicine from Oflaxin & Orindazole to Bactrim. And also her culture tested NEGATIVE. We stopped her medication Bactrim on 27th XXXXXXX after used for 6 days. Though her motions are controlled and she is active, she is going for motions 3-4 times daily though motion is normal. But whenever she passes for motions, I observed some PUS (It is in white color like banana slice mix, I hope I explained and named it correctly) in very little. Is it normal after motions are controlled OR is it due to some infection/bacteria still available? Could you suggest or guide us in right direction?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Observe her stools further. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Passing normal consistency stools 3 to 4 times in a day may be normal in kids. But if the pus(mucus) like substance is increasing in stools, if stool is watery or foul smelling or if it is blood stained then it is suggestive infection. Closely observe her stools for consistency, frequency and for any abnormal findings such as blood, foul smelling or excess pus and if you find anything wrong consult the pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
People also viewed
- Blew nose ear popped dizzy nauseated
- What cause discharge in penis after passing stool
- What causes postnatal mucus discharge and stomach bloating
- What causes leakage of urine after passing the motion
- Low grde fever burning hands and feet
- Brown mucus discharge what could be cause
- What causes mucus discharge with passing of motion
- Shiny blemish on tip of penis
- 4 year old high fever eyes burning
- Blighted ovum and butt bone pain
- 3 year old burning hot but shivering
- Blighted ovum caused by varicocele
- Fever headache burning eyes
- Bullet went through eye causes blindness
- Burning mouth low grade temperature