What causes mouth ulcers?

Question
Getting like ulcers i think in my mouth just wanna make sure my lips get dry as well here is a pic. Both sides have that mark in my mouth near the corner
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: need more details. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern. These ulcers can be due to nutritional deficiency , due to a disease. I need to know : 1.since when you are having it? 2. At which location exactly is it? In side the mouth or only on side of lips. I have not received the photograph that you have attached. Please do attach it also. Reply with these so that I can help you better. Stay healthy.

Follow-up: What causes mouth ulcers? 5 minutes later
Had it for months on and off, its only inside my mouth

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Apthous Ulcers is likely diagnosis Detailed Answer: Welcome Again. Pictures are not clear , what i can appreciate is that these are Apthous Ulcers. They can occur due to dietary deficiency of nutrients. Let me know in case you have any photosensitivity , ulcer on genitalia or any history of unprotected sexual behaviour. I advice for apthous ulcers following : 1. Tab Zincovit once a day for 15 days. 2. Triamcinolone ointment available with trade name Kenacort 0.1% Oral Paste thrice a day locally after food for 7 days. 3. Betadine Gargles twice a day. 4. If pain in eating is there , i advice apply Dologel / Mucopain gel 5 minutes before meals. I hope this helps. Still if your problem persists after 15 days. Write to me again. If you don't have any further query , you may close the discussion and rate it!

Follow-up: What causes mouth ulcers? 6 minutes later
I dont hsve any ulcers on my genitals i have had unprotected sex and been tested for all types of sti and stds via blood and urine tests, whst are your thoughts

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow the advice. Detailed Answer: If you had all tests negative for STD's , and no ulcers on genitalia. It it's allright. Just follow the advice i have given and revert to me again after 15 days. Stay Healthy.

Does this look perfectly fine to you ?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. I can not see the images very clearly. But when ever , a patient of mouth ulcers comes to us , we initially treat like this , as apthous ulcers are mostly due to dietary inadequacy. If in case you have any dental problems causing traumatic apthous ulcers, you need to visit a dentist. If ulcers are associated with other problems like genital ulcers , photo sensitivity , rashes , joint pains , we think for other causes like Autoimmune diseases , SLE , Behcet's disease. That's why i said , that follow these medications first , if you won't get relieved , i would advise you testing. Stay Healthy.

Follow-up: What causes mouth ulcers? 1 minute later
Thank you

Brief Answer: Good Luck. Detailed Answer: I have also seen the photograph of your genitalia. I can't appreciate any ulcers over there. So , follow the advice in consultation with your doctor. Hope you get well soon.