What causes mildly raised BP inspite of taking lipitor?

I am a 63 year old male , with a normal blood pressure of 130/80 my whole life, in the last few weeks my blood pressure is reading 155/90, i have no other symtems, I currently only take Lipitor for meds. What would cause this?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Genetic susceptibility + Lifestyle are the causes Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Individuals with genetic susceptibility and their lifestyle pattern, tend to develop mild/moderate hypertension at your age, particularly in the presence of high cholesterol levels. There is nothing to worry about, as the BP is only mildly raised. However, it needs to be controlled with appropriate drugs, such as, mild urine-producing agents (Diuretics). Indapamide with or without a Beta-blocker would suffice for BP control. Incidentally, hypertension does NOT have any symptoms. It is therefore called a Silent Killer. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal