What causes mild itching and burning sensation in groin after having unprotected sexual activity without penetration?

I had unprotected sexual activity but no penetration she put her moth on me but that was about it. about 3 days ago I had also trimmed up down there with a razor the same day I did this now I have mild itching and a burning sensation in the left pocket of my groin.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Itching and burning over groin- Reason Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, It is unlikely to be a sexually transmitted infection as itching is not a feature of an STI. The itching might be because of regrowth of shaved hair. Burning sensation might be because of razor cuts. It might also be due to fungal infection or intertrigo. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can assess the area. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. It is better to avoid such a high risk sexual activity in the future. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes mild itching and burning sensation in groin after having unprotected sexual activity without penetration? 3 minutes later
your absolutely certain that this is not an std Dr. ?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes if your description of symptoms is correct Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. If the only symptoms is itching and burning over the groin on the 3rd day , then I am certain that it is not an STI. That does not mean that you don't have a chance of getting other STI because of this risky encounter. The incubation period that means the time between sexual encounter and onset of disease is variable for each disease. But none of them have itching in the groin as a symptom. Hope this helped, Take care