What causes midcycle spotting?
User rating for this question
I had my period twoo weeks ago. it started on the 9th of feb. and ended the 15th. but just the day before yesterday feb. 28th, I had some bleeding as if my period was starting again, then it just stopped. yesterday I had some slight bleeding again. is that normal? what should I do. i am sexually active in case that helps. i had protected sex a week after my period was over on the 22nd of feb.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Once in a while, midcycle spotting or bleeding is common. If it does not recur, do not worry. What is the normal length of your cycle normally ? Any kind of stress, tension, anxiety, weight gain or loss, erratic sleeping or eating habits, travelling, change in climate or altitude, smoking, drinking, drugs, medications can cause such spotting. If the problem persists or recurs, please consult a gynaecologist. You would want to rule out conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome ( PCOS ), hypothyroidism, polyp, fibroid, ovarian cyst etc. For that, please undergo a detailed internal evaluation - per vaginum and per speculum . Also, hormonal testing - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone, Lipid Profile. This workup will reveal a diagnosis. A pregnancy test is always a safeguard for any woman who is sexually active, and experiences altered spotting / menstrual bleeding. Go for the aforementioned workup only if the spotting occurs again. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- After marriage leukorrhea
- Inflammation of the eye muscle
- How to mark trial exhibits
- Refresh pm lubricant eye ointment
- What causes spots on chest
- Can i swim after ureteroscopy
- Watery eyes and runny nose
- Can i use slendertone 3 weeks after c section
- Extreme shoulder and neck pain
- Soframycin on stitches after c section
- What causes spots on chin
- What causes spots on cheeks
- What causes spots
- Aftereffects of broken hymen
- What causes spots on forehead