What causes metallic taste in throat?

I still feel foul/ metallic near bottom of my throat. Still on omeprozole. I meant to say metallic taste. ENT did look at my throat but didn't see anything. Should I continue with Omeprozole?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: If tests are normal,Lisinopril is the cause.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome back! Thank you for following up! I am glad to hear that ENT and other exams did result normal. At the same time, I feel sorry that you are still feeling the metallic taste. I have looked at your previous medical records and I have noticed that you have reported to be using Lisinopril for high blood pressure. As other tests resulted normal, in some rare cases (unfortunately yours included), patients have reported metallic taste feeling while using Lisinopril (of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors-ACEI) together with shortness of breath (or frequent coughing). I suggest to consult further with your cardiologist/physician who prescribed to Lisinopril, and report your problem (metallic taste) as its side effect. You can discuss with him/her about changing drug, and to start using Angiotensin Receptor blockers (ARBs) including Valsartan, Olmesartan, Irbersartan, etc. Once the drug is taken off and changed to another one, you'll see improvement. Looking forward to have good news from you! Dr.Klerida