What causes major nasal congestion,sneezing and tiredness?

I have major nasal congestion, sneezing, tiredness, I just feel horrible what could it be
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advised treatment will give significant relief Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, in order to PINPOINT the exact cause of your problems; give you a SOUND professional advice; and, TRUE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, may I request you to kindly provide additional information as follows :- # Do you have any allergies? # Do you get frequent, rapid onset of episodic sneezing, nasal flow, throat and eye irritation whenever exposed to a particular environment? Nevertheless, from the brief details available, I feel that you are suffering from Nasal Allergy. A long-term regular course of a combination of - Montelukast tablets twice daily - Levoceterizine tablets twice daily - Azelastin nasal spray twice daily - along with a 4 weeks' of Nasonex nasal spray will give you a near-total relief. Tiredness is apparently due to under-corrected thyroid disorder. Increase in the Synthroid dose would be required, based on TSH report. Synthroid dose should be titrated/adjusted so as to maintain TSH level to 1 or less. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion and prescribe the advised medication in effective doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Additional information as requested, is keenly awaited. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What causes major nasal congestion,sneezing and tiredness? 28 minutes later
I do have rapid onset of episodic sneezing, nasal flow and mild head ache. I know my thyroid is off I just had my level checked and I had my medicine increased instead of 50 to 75mg of synthroid. This came down hard on me Saturday afternoon.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from Nasal allergy Detailed Answer: OK XXXXXXX I was on the RIGHT track. I assure you that, AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE to take the medication as advised by me, you will REMAIN without any problems. Nasonex spray should be stopped after 04 weeks. Continue with 75mcg Synthroid. Take care, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal