What causes lumps under the armpit?

Hi, I am 34 yrs old female. I have swollen lump armpits more on right side than left... I think it might be lipoma. I am carring this lump for the past all started when i was 17yrs old and i got infection of lymph nodes...whn it subsided my armpit lump started swelling and it has remained so for all these years...but after childbirth in 2010 i feel it has slightly increased and i always hv to insert it in my bra as it causes a nagging feel always...i have no pain....i havent showed any doc since....but i want to remove it if its an option coz i am not able to wear sleeveless or halter tops ever since.....always v to keep under might be 1.5 to 2cm in dia but anyone can see that there is something swollen under the armpit...left hand side is manageable...pls help and sugest whom should i approach. I am from Pune, India
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: get evaluated, surgically correctable Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare Magic! The awkward swelling in the axillary region may be a lipoma off course but these are more likely to be the axillary tail of Spence that are the outwards and back wards growth o the normal breasts specially seen in a bit overweight ladies. They get hypertrophied after delivery and the infection has also has made it look deformed. These can be corrected or resected surgically. You should get a examined by a plastic surgeon in your locality. There are many corporate hospitals in your vicinity that have the service of plastic surgeon. It is not good that you had the lumps for years and did not get checkup. All breast lumps are to be taken seriously because such lumps may be malignant at times and ignoring them may lead to enormous health loss. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: What causes lumps under the armpit? 2 hours later
Thank you so very much but even though i am scared of plastic surgery i will definitely evaluate myslf. Can you recommend a best plastic surgeon in pune. The closest hospital is XXXXXXX birla hospital but i am ready to go anywhere in pune or Mumbai. Kindly advise Thanks
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 22 hours later
Brief Answer: they are good centers Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Welcome back. This problem is not a very complex one to demand for a best plastic surgeon. Even a meticulous general surgeon can handle it well. Birla Hosp and Mangeskar hospital are the equipped centers in your area. If you happen to come to Delhi then you may consult at Artemis or Medanta hospital in Gurgaon. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.