What causes lumps on the top of testicles ?

ENT Specialist
Hi Im 22 im 5ft 9 I have a small soft fluid like, floppy lump on the top of my left testicle, I cannot really distinguish whether its on the epydidimus or top of the testicle itself, I'd say its about half the size of a pea, it does not hurt and have no other symptoms such as back pain, groin pain or swollen larger testicles usually associated with testicular cancer. I have an appointment with my doctor next week but I'm very worried and wondered whether from what I've described if you could give me an idea what this is?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 39 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

The lump you have is most probably a benign lesion reason is, it is isolated, unilateral, small size, it is not hard, and your age too.

Testicular lumps are something you definitely need to get checked out.

Possibilities includes--

A soft lump in the scrotum, if you can get your fingers between it and the testicle, is most likely to be a hydrocele.
This is a collection of sterile fluid in the cord attached to the testicle, which is invariably harmless.
If Left untreated, a hydrocele can grow to a large size and cause discomfort, so they are usually best drained early.

2- Epididymal cyst.

3- Fibroma.

4- Sabecious cyst.

Do consult a general surgeon and investigate yourself that will include an ultrasound of that area and complete blood examination.

Hope this will help you, and I am ready for future follow ups( if any)