What causes lumps on penis?

Jul 2016

I have been to a doctor to check out two small hard lumps on my penis. She told me the are penilepulps and benign. And since then I have had smaller ones come up on the end of my foreskin as well as one not on my penis but in my pubic hair. I also read this article about penis cancer and it freaked me out please help
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: These could be Sebaceous Cysts. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have multiple sebaceous cysts over penis and foreskin. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Since How long you have these lumps? 2) Can you see opening at the top of lumps? 3) Is there any discharge from lumps? The penile and scrotal skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin. Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected. Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment. If needed some of them which are bigger may need to get excised in Toto (Completely along with the sac). Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.