What causes lumps near the vaginal opening?

I have a tear drop shape group of soft brown lumps next to the opening of the vagina. It looks like skin tags or moles but not sure. Scratched it and it was swollen and sore for a few days for a couple of. days. I looked up g warts and it doesnt look like the pictures
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: could be angioma or warts Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Genital warts don''t always look like the pictures you might find of them on the internet. So I feel it could be a benign condition like Angioma (i.e. clusters of overgrown blood vessels, they are benign / harmless) or genital wart. What I advise you is to get a clinical examination done to confirm the diagnosis, also your doctor might advise you to get a biopsy done. Depending on the findings treatment can be planned. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!