What causes lumps below the waist?

I am 23, I have some lumbs below my waist (on both side) it can not visible by eye, but we can feel it by finger, i mean its inside skin. and i think day by day size of the lumbs are increasing what should i do next??
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be swollen Lymph node. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Before suggesting you further steps, I need to know about: Swelling- is it in the Groin both side? When you first felt it? Is it painful? Any other disease do you have or recently you have suffered from? Any episode of fever? Do have loss of appetite and weight loss recently? Any infection in the foot, leg, groin, or genitals? Regarding the lumps, these may be swollen lymph nodes and may be due to various causes like: Infection ( Bacterial or viral) Side effect of phenytoin. Immune related diseases Cancer Syphilis. Revert back with answers to above question and i will be happy to help you. Regards Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
Follow-up: What causes lumps below the waist? 20 hours later
Below are following details as per your need. No swelling, as I said earlier we can't see with eye, we just fell it by finger. It is in the groins both side, below waist. It is not painful at all. I haven't suffered any disease before, not even fever recently. I don't have any loss of appetite and weight loss recently. My weight is constant near about 55kg for last five years.
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unexplained lump Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow -up with needed answers. According to you lumps on both side can be felt only and you don't have any associated past or present illness. This makes it a unexplained lump most probable cause may be in the lymph nodes. Being on both side a cyst or swollen vein can be ruled out. As it is increasing in size, it is worrisome. A proper clinical examination need to be done and if found to be a node, FNAC(Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) may be advised. Further management can only be done by a local surgeon so it is advised to contact one. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.