What causes lump on testicles?

I am 60 yrs old and recently noticed a hard lump on my testicle. It feels somewhat like a pebble under a sock,
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are various causes for testicular lump. Detailed Answer: Hello, There are various causes which can present like a palpable lump in testis. Common cause are varicocele,cysts, spermatic cord thickening , encysted hydrocele and rarely testicular tumor. Ultrasound can easily diagnose difference among these causes. I would order for this test in the first instant if you were to be my patient. Most causes can treated and managed well. Though rare but worrisome cause is testicular tumor. So this possibility should be rule out first. I get ultrasound done in cases like yours and then plan the appropriate treatment. So consider seeing your doctor and get ultrasound done. Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.