What causes lump in the breast under areola area?

Ive previously been seen regarding a lump in breast. Its still there mths later. Scans showed it is invisible. But palpable. Dr said it could be a nodule. Is that possible? Its under areola area. Top right side of nipple
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 46 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry for the delayed response. I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Oncology, working with an experienced Gynec oncologist. I answer on his behalf. Yes, it is possible that it could be a simple gland nodule if its not visible in the scan. I would like to know some more details to be sure on my opinion. What scan did you undergo? If you have the report kindly attach it here ? Does the lump hurt on touching ? Does the lump move within the breast or its fixed ? How big is the lump ? Does it have any related with the monthly menstruation ? What other tests have you underwent, kindly attach the reports. Waiting for the information.
Follow-up: What causes lump in the breast under areola area? 39 minutes later
I dont know how to attach reports. But i was 27 at the time. 28
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer: You can mail the reports Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. There is an option on the right side of this page where you can attach the reports. Also you mail them to YYYY@YYYY to my attention : Dr Raju Waiting for the reports.
Follow-up: What causes lump in the breast under areola area? 1 hour later
Im on my mobile i dont have a computer atm. But to answer u. Scans. Ultrasound done n mammogram but quite dense breast tissue. Lump doesnt hurt. I think its fixed but feels like its moving tho i believe its just the skin moving. Size would be bout nipple size. No relation to menstruation as its always the same. Can be phyiscally felt but not seen on scans
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: Least likely a cancer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. Most of the cancers are made of material which present highlighted in the scans. The lesions invisible in scan are less likely to be cancer. They can be a soft tissue pass specially of fat of no importance. May disappear causing no complications. But it is always good to observe it well. If there is any amount of rapid growth then do go for special tests like FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology) wherein a small amount of the tissue is taken and subjected to testing. Regards,