What causes lump in breast,pain inbetween shoulder blades and dry yellow string discharge from nipples?

i have a lump in left breast feels like rice my underarm has developed a lomg hard white lunp im exhausted and the pain inbetween my shoulder blades is new my breast feels like its having the let down feeling before breast feeding at least 5 times a day nipple has leveled and i had what looks like dry yellow string come ouy of my nipple ive been negative on ultrasoun done first but recalled for more testing for mammagram
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations. Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for sending the question. This is a very good question. I will do my best to provide you with some good information and recommendations. First of all I would like to know how old your child is at this time. Also how long have you been breast-feeding? changes in the breast can occur over time and sometimes are related to hormonal fluctuations. This may be the case for you. Also there may be some level of disruption of Flow of natural milk in your breast for one reason or another. mammogram is reasonable. Also if there is still a problem your doctors might consider MRI of the breast to help further characterize what might be going on. do you have any family history of breast cancer? I understand that you're dealing with a very frustrating and stressful situation. I hope your doctors can gather more information to provide you with the reassurance that you need. Thank you again for sending your question. I look forward to continuing our discussion. Dr. G
Follow-up: What causes lump in breast,pain inbetween shoulder blades and dry yellow string discharge from nipples? 26 minutes later
i have 7 children all were breast fed my youngest child is 12 for some reason i had no periods for 6 years before i fell pregnant with my now 12 year old since giving birth i have regular periods every month never tender breast ,i dont know my parents so i have no idea of medical history hoping this can shed some light on this situation
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow-Up Detailed Answer: thank you for the additional information. I would recommend that you talk to your doctor and have a very good physical examination performed. If your doctor thinks additional imaging testing is required a 3-dimensional mammogram or possibly magnetic resonance image of the breast can be done. It is more than likely not anything to worry about but I agree that it should be investigated completely so a good explanation can be provided regarding the symptoms you are experiencing. Dr. G