What causes lump below jaw bone?

I have a lump behind my gum on the right side. I can feel it beneath the jawbone from the outside. I had one on the left side a year ago and the ENT doctor removed it. It was the saliva gland.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thyroid swelling, lymph node or salivary gland Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing to us. Possible causes for lump below jaw bone are 1. salivary gland swelling: examination by a qualified doctor helps to confirm condition. 2. Lymph node swelling: 3. Thyroid swelling: which moves with swallowing. Ultrasound examination of neck is helpful in differentiating things. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Regards