What causes lump above kneecap and burning sensation in left foot?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi---I fell about four hours ago and hit the floor with my left knee and right hand and shoulder. My knee felt like I just had a brush burn and didn't think anything of it until it started to hurt. I pulled down my sweat pants and there is a large lump (a little bit bigger XXXXXXX a golf ball) right above the kneecap. There is a small red brush burn on top and the lump looks like it's starting to turn black & blue. When I get up to walk and put pressure on my left foot it starts to hurt with a burning sensation. Once I sit back down that pain and burning sensation seems to subside and it fells like there is just a brush burn there rubbing against my sweat pants. I put ice on the lump but that made it hurt worse, I probably should had done that right after the fall, but it didn't bother me then. I did put ice on the finger I stove when I fell. It's too late to go to or call any doctor now, I'm just going to go to bed and see how it feels in the morning. Will this go away on it's own eventually or should I see someone? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query. You should not ignore all this. You should get x-ray of left knee AP and Lateral done, x-ray right hand affected finger in AP and oblique, x-ray right shoulder in AP view done. Send me report or discuss it with your doctor. After seeing your report and after your physical examination your doctor would advise you treatment. You may also send me report of your x-rays and physical examination. Till then you can take 1 tablet aceclofenac+serratiopepetidase combination morning, afternoon and evening by discussing it with your doctor. Do not take any other medicine by yourself, as it may cause more harm than benefit. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.