What causes lower back pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have pain in both lower part of me back it then comes around to my 2 sides .
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. Usually back pain is managed with pain-killers till 1 month period. If it persists beyond 1 month, then further investigations are done. Since you have a pain I will suggest the following: - Back pain can be due to many reasons. You should get x-ray lumbosacral spine done in AP and Lateral done send us report or discuss it with your doctor. Only then further management can be advised. - Avoid heavy weight lifting pushing and pulling heavy objects, because it will further increase back pain. - You can take medicine like painkillers + muscle relaxants by discussing it with your doctor. You may need stronger pain-killers which are available on prescription only. You can try ibuprofen or naproxen till you see your doctor. - Apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening . I hope it helps. You are welcome to ask further health related queries. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: WWW.WWWW.WW Let me know if you have any concerns. Thanks. Dr.Singh.