What causes lower abdominal pain?
User rating for this question
Hi my partner is 58 years old and has been suffering over 2 years with pain in his lower left abdomibal. It start with a oain in the keft leg then goes to stomach within a few mins his left arm has pins and needles then he gets very dizzy, the pain in his lower stomach is always there just gets worse and he has to take to the bed,
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Lower left abdominal pain is quite characteristic for diverticles of sigmoid colon. This issue is caused by constipation which due to increased pressure in the large intestine creates some kind of pouches in the intestine wall. When a stool stuck inside such pouch, the pain appears. Left arm pins and needles and dizziness does not seem to be related with abdominal pain, The most probable reason of such symptoms is heart issue like ischemic heart disease. He may also have shortness of breath and chest pain. Pain in the lower abdomen and leg pain can be also caused by urinary tract infection or stones. For sure he should visit a doctor. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis and heart ECG should be first. Colonoscopy and heart stress test are also necessary. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes lower abdominal pain? 3 hours later
Done all tests ECG has come back perfect they suggested that it could be limb notes on the liver producing adrenal hormones can u explain what this is
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Do you mean lymph nodes? There is a tumor which can secrete adrenal hormones called phaeochromocytoma. The main symptoms of such tumor are hypertension, hot flashes, face redness, nervousness as a main symptom. To diagnose it, special metabolites (metanephrines and WMA) in the urine should be checked. How about heart stress test? ECG can be negative with heart issues. If nothing really has not been found, abdominal CT should be done. Regards.
People also viewed
- What is lower abdominal pain
- What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain during pregnancy
- Is burning upper abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of leader naproxen sodium?
- Is right upper abdominal or stomach pain and fullness a side effect of baraclude?
- Light headed during deep breath
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of celexa?
- Is unusual tiredness or weaknessabdominal or stomach pain a side effect of norflex?
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- Having lower abdominal pain what could be causing this
- Flucloxacillin and sore when taking deap breath
- Headaches when taking deep breath
- Hurts to breath in deep valve regurg
- Hurts to breathe in deep while pregnant
- Is severe abdominal or stomach pain, cramping, or burning a side effect of gleevec?