What causes lower abdominal pain when sneezing during pregnancy?

Hello, I am currently 6 and half weeks pregnant. I have had a sharp lower abdominal pain when sneezing. Not every time I sneeze but once at about 4 weeks, once just on the weekend and again today. I havnt had any other symptoms I feel concerned about. Some minor tummy pains and cramps on and off but no bleeding or spotting. I also had the dr do an external pelvic exam and she said that it was good that I had no pain in the area. Should I be concerned about the pain when sneezing? Thank you for your help.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no problem.fluids and vegetables Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. First of all I like to congratulate you for your pregnancy. During pregnancy there is stretching of tissue like uterus, muscle tendons and ligaments in pelvic region. So occasion mild pain will be there. This type of symptoms are present in almost every pregnant women. You need to relax and no need to worry on this since you have got examined by your doctor and they didn't find any problem. For pain if it is severe then you can take mild analgesic drugs like acetaminophen. This will help you. Better to avoid any drugs during 1st trimester. Also you need to have plenty of water and fibrous food like green leaf vegetables and fruits. So no need to worry and enjoy your pregnancy. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health. Regards