What causes lower abdomen pain?

Hi, My 11 year old son recently went back to sports after the Xmas break (athletics & rugby) and last week he started complaining of pains in his lower stomach, not a sick feeling but more like burning .. Could this be a torn muscle ? Rgds XXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do urine test to rule out/detect urine infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Lower abdomen pain may be due to either, spasm of the lower abdominal muscles; or, an unrelated condition, such as urinary infection. Get his urine test done for evidence of infection. If urine test is negative for infection, he will be relieved of the pain with a 5-7 days' course of a combination of anti-inflammatory drugs + muscle relaxant. If urinary infection is detected, a course of suitable antibiotic will cure the infection, and thereby, lower abdominal pain. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me, order the required test, and- based on the report- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal