What causes lower abdomen and back pain after a laproscopic surgery?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015
Excellent

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
hi doc.
we are trying for pregnancy for three years, but my wife fail to get pregnant, we have done my test. and my wife done hsg, insulin amh, but gynac said she had endometriotic cyst size of 1.8 mm and she feels pain in lower abdomen and back pain. she had done follicle monitoring and her follicle becomes hemorrhagic cyst in end. now her gynac suggest laproscopy . doctor I want to ask that is laproscopy help is pregnancy. or is there any side effect of laparoscopy.shoild we go for this surgery or any other option is also available.
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Laparoscopy advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns. Endometriotic cyst , pain in the lower abdomen, repeated hemorrhagic cysts are suggestive of endometriosis which is one of the important cause of infertility.
A laparoscopy is advised for confirmatory diagnosis, assess the severity of the disease and further treatment is planned accordingly.
A proper diagnosis will help in pregnancy.
There are minor complications of laparoscopic surgery like bleeding, infection or anesthetic complications, however the incidence is very rare if the procedure is done properly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Regards.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
MAternal and fetal medicine specialist

Follow-up: What causes lower abdomen and back pain after a laproscopic surgery? 51 minutes later
doc. I want to ask that my wife is having left side mild lower abdomen pain, aur some times she feels it on right side. I concern that if there is any stone problem. or please tell me that is this type of small cyst can cause mild pain,what should she do to take relief from pain. I don't know is this a gastric pain or what.but she said it occurred continuously from two days. today is her 9th day of period. regards

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cyst can cause pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Mild lower abdominal pain can be due to endometriosis or pelvic infection.
Other causes. like colitis or constipation can be there.
Small endometriotic cysts can also cause pain.

She can take painkiller tablets like Paracetamol for the time being and consult her OBGYN specialist for proper examination and treatment accordingly.

Dr. Deepti Verma