What causes low sperm count and weak sperms?

I would like to ask a doctor regarding the reading of sperm analysis of my husband. Anyone can help? My husband was having a cold cough for the past one month and has consumed many western and chinese medicine for his cold cough. He is a type 2 diabetes and its under control. Appreciate for the advise. Thanks
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diabtetes and malnutrition are common causes Detailed Answer: Hi, From the report i saw, your husband is having low sperm count and weak sperms having limited ability to swim/move. It can eventually result in delayed or failed conception (infertility). Diabtetes and malnutrition are common causes for this. I suggest you to consult a Infertility specialist/Endocrinologist for further help. Hope I have answered your query. All the best.
Follow-up: What causes low sperm count and weak sperms? 18 minutes later
Thanks for the answer. If he stops taking the diabetes medicine and diabetes injection for 2 weeks before we do the semen analysis again, do you think the result will be different or improve? If the result is still the same, what treatment for this issue that suit him? IUI or ICSI or IVF? Please advise. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 7 hours later
Brief Answer: ICSI is the best option Detailed Answer: Hi, Stopping diabetic medicines can further complicate the issue by raising sugars and hence should not be done. Have you checked if his genital tract and organs are normal? like varicoceles or any other condition causing blockage of sperms? This will be done by inf.specialist. If every thing is fine, you may try either IUI or IVF, out of which IUI is better. If you do not want to take another chance, ICSI is the best option giving you >99% success as far as conception is concerned. In any case, have him consume multivitamins and plenty of fruits, and a repeat test might improve as well. All the best.