What causes low grade fevers ?

I have been running a low grade fever anywhere from 99.0 to 99.9 since February 7,2011 I have all kinds of test and nothing is showing wrong some days it does not bother me and some days it wipes me out, i do not know if I should switch Doctors or let him keep looking, he has been my Dr. for 15 years. I am 43 years old with quite a lengthy medical record, any suggestions?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

There are few things which i would like to know before suggesting you anything.
1. Is the fever present daily all the time or it waxes and wanes during the day?
2. Is it associated with any other symptoms?
3. Did you experience a weight loss in past few days?
4. Is your appetite normal?

Running a continuous fever for three months suggests some kind of a chronic infection. The exact cause can be pin pointed only by undergoing complete blood work up.

Do tell me the blood reports of whatever tests you have undergone till now,

Anticipating an early response.