What causes low grade fever before bowel movements with pulsating abdomen?

was constipated for a week r so now i have a low grade fever before bowel movements..... pulsating abdomen and jittery at night... it keeps me awake
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rule out diverticulitis Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. My impression is that a structural abdominal cause should be ruled out in your case, given the unusual combination of fever and pain, with alternating constipation; inflammatory bowel disease and diverticulitis would be the first two things that I would like to see ruled out. Other than a good physical examination of the abdomen, additional imaging, such as a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis may prove high yield in your case. You do have a history of sarcoidosis, but involvement of the gut is relatively rare. Hope this helps wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN