What causes low energy,appetite loss and back pain when suffering from gallstone?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have a 7mm gallstone. I hve lose my energy and appitette. I have pain inthe mid of my back on the right side. Should I ge it checked out
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCm Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. 7mm gallstone is moderately large stone and it can be cause of symptoms that you are describing. So cholecystectomy is reasonable option for you. It will decrease abdominal pain , discomfort,nausea and bilary colics for sure,and probably it will stabilize your apetite. Acud reflux should be regulated by antiacid medicines and eradication of h.pylori if present. But your loss of energy may be related to depression or postmenopausal hormonal imbalance so check your estrogen levels and consider hormonal replacement therapy and antidepressants.Estrogen can affect your mood changes and energy. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards