What causes light spotting?

Hi, my last period was on Dec 14th.2013 , I still havent gt my period this month. I took a few test a week ago it all negative. I went to a clinic for both urine and blood test on XXXXXXX 20th.2014 , also negative. I had a little spotting yesterday only when i wipe it, 2 times, really little. After that, nothing till now ... I intercoursed on the dec 29, XXXXXXX 1st , and another 2 times between XXXXXXX 5ths - 18th . Am i having implantation bleeding or ???? . My depo shot stopped on May 5th.2013 , i heard it might take sometime to get pregnant again right? Should i wait a few days to take another test? or am i just having a really little light spotting late period instead of regular one????
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Patiently wait up to February 14! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing with your menstrual cycle. Though they are often very regular, almost all women in their reproductive years have changes similar to this without any real cause. With repeated testing which turns out to be negative, I will advice that you patiently wait up to February 14 2014 around which tie you should be expecting your menses again. If they still do not show up then, I will suggest you pursue rigorous medical assessment to look for any possible cause or you may see further medical attention before then if something else like severe pains, sever bleeding, etc should set in. With negative urine and blood pregnancy tests, my suspicion for pregnancy is very low. Implantation usually takes place about 21days from the last menses, this is clearly out of the estimated time period and this will unlikely represent an implantation bleed. With the last depo shot in May 2013, there is no way this could still prevent a pregnancy. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: What causes light spotting? 1 hour later
and what about the light spotting for a little yesterday? what is that mean? hi, i believed my period start just now, and i can also feel the back pain like i usually do. Before i got pregnant with my first DD , my mense usually come around the end of the month, last about a week then it started again around the beginning of the other month ( ex: started the end of May, lasted a week . and my next ws around the beginning of july ) . After my son born, my mense are pretty regular, well , a few days different every months. Does that mean , im just having my inrregular mense back like i used to hv ? And how am i going to figure out my ovulation ? Im planning for another child.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks for this follow up information Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. Menses do not generally follow the exact same dates every month. You would need to know the length of your cycle in terms of days. You can do this by counting the number of days from the las tto the next. Cycles of 21-35days are considered normal.For example, if your cycle is 28days, you can have your have your menses on January first, and still have menses on January 29. If the length was 32days, then the next date after January first would be February 2nd. They are all normal and regular. So I will suggest that you monitor this over a few months to know what the length is and how to correlate as illustrated above. Ovulation occurs on the 14th day counting from the beginning of your menses. Therefore around those days, you are in your fertile period. No matter the length, it is always 14days counting from the beginning of your last menses. A few days difference do not make your menses irregular. The explanation above should guide you on this. Have you gone for preconception counseling? it is very important to plan well and adopt healthy practices before becoming pregnant. I hope it helps. Ask me further questions if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.