What causes light bleeding during periods?

Hi there! I'm 32 years old. My periods are very regular and quiet heavy. My period came on time (2 days ago) & it's extremely light. It's NEVER this light. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I have analyzed your query, but i need few more information. Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further. 1)Are you sexually active? if yes do you use any contraception method? 2)do you have any associated abnormal vaginal (white) discharge? 3)do you have symptoms like nausea/ vomiting/ pain abdomen? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: What causes light bleeding during periods? 8 minutes later
Thanks XXXXXXX Yes im sexually active, with no contraception. I have been off the pill for about 4 years & simply used condoms. My husband & i have been tryinng to habe a baby for 8 months with no sucess. With my period now, there is no abnormal discharge. The morning my light period started i felt nausea, but that lasted only about 1/2 hour. I dont usually have any nausea/vomiting/pain with my period. Its always hassel free. My period was on time (1 day late) but its so light, and that is not normal for m e
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be early sign of pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for replying. Your minimal bleeding could be an early sign of pregnancy. But as you have not missed your period the chances of pregnancy is not too high. As you are anxious to conceive its better to rule confirm if you are pregnant or not. You can get a urine pregnancy test done to confirm if you are pregnant or not. I am little optimistic in your case considering light period and symptom of nausea. Depending on the pregnancy test treatment can be planned. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!