What causes less movement in fetus during pregnancy?

hi. when a baby doesn't move or moves but not much in his/her mother's womb when she's pregnant on them means that the baby is under stress? my mom says that I barely moved when she was pregnant on me to the point that at times she thought that I was dead and she went to her gynaeclogist and he would examine her only to find out that I was alive. according to her gynaecologist that she had at the time I was alive but lazy. but I've recently found out that when a baby doesn't move inside their mother's womb or moves very little compared to other babies it means that they're under stress. I'm now 30 years old and to this day I've depression. I've had since childhood and been through few psychiatrists but seeing a psychiatrist has worsend my depression instead of making it better. is there anything my mom could've done while she was pregnant on me that would've avoided all this? thanks. I've heard that usually gyanaecologists recommend belly massage to pregnant mother's who's baby is under stress and doesn't move while inside their mother's womb or moves very little compared to other babies.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 21 days later
Brief Answer: Please consult a psychiatrist for depression Detailed Answer: Hello When a baby in womb is under stress ( it generally implies reduced blood supply or oxygen deprivation), generally it slows down its movements. However different ladies have different sensitivity to the movements of baby. Some can appreciate slightest movements and others feel only some movements. Therefore it's really hard to say if a baby is under stress unless confirmed with related tests. Your mom's gynecologist was right in saying that some lazy babies move less than normal while there are others hyperactive babies not allow their mother to take rest and kick really hard. I am sorry to learn you are suffering from Depressive Disorder since childhood. But I haven't understood why it gets bad when you visit a psychiatrist , unless you have a phobia of psychiatrist ( it means some have apprehension about mental illnesses, psychiatrists and medicines and think that these will do more harm than benefit). I think, you should discuss this very issue with the psychiatrist and I am sure, he will be able to help you. Whether your mother could have done some thing different? Difficult to say. Massages don't help the baby to move more , anyway because they are lazy any way. Moreover I don't think those massages and improving fetal movements would anyway improve the chances of preventing depression. Hope I have addressed your concerns. Any more query is welcome DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA