What causes lesions on arm and stomach with liquid discharge?

i have some lesions on my arm and stomach, they started out like a bite, itched for a day then became about a nickle size around. kinda eaten out in the center. i have four on my arm one on my stomach. my son has one on his chest. my husband has some, but his in the form of a rash? what could this be. im almost positive its not ring worm. ive delt with that before on my son when he was little. it doesnt look or feel the same as that.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Bacterial infection of skin Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin condition and I hope I am able to help you in the same. I have seen the attached picture. You have developed lesions of impetigo contagiosa. Now this is basically a bacterial infection of the skin. The skin lesions tend to spread because of contact with one another and due to the liquid discharge from the lesions. That is the reason why all three of you have developed similar lesions. These are easily treatable with the help of topical antibiotic creams. You just need to clean the lesions with plain water and apply a topical antibiotic cream. You can apply either neosporin cream or mupirocin cream whichever is available over the affected areas twice a day. Do not touch the lesions too much. Take oral antihistamines like benadryl for the associated itching. Do not apply any other creams or oils over the lesions. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul