What causes leg pain from mid way between the foot and Knee?
User rating for this question
I am experiencing pain in my leg from mid way between the foot and Knee right upto the toe and back of the leg. There is mild pain throughout the day but when i bend the leg with my weight it pains severly and continues for some time it started 3 days ago when i was on my toes sitting with full weight....also I experienced tailbone pain for a day after which the tailbone pain went away. please suggest me.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You have not mentioned any history of trauma so is am assuming your pain to be non-traumatic. You should get x-ray both knees standing done in AP and Lateral view, x-ray affected knee in skyline view and x-ray lumbo-sacral view done in AP and Lateral view done. We will be able to get a clear picture after getting the reports. Your treating doctor who will do your physical examination and will be able to correlate it with the reports. I usually prescribe painkiller and muscle relaxants like aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside to my patients who present with a similar scenario. My advice is that you should avoid climbing upstairs and squatting as much as you can. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. I hope you have got your answer. You are welcome to ask further query if any in your mind. Thanks. Dr. Singh.
People also viewed
- Is the sperm analysis test normal for giving birth
- What std cause leg pain
- Distal phalanx joint fracture of the pinky treatment
- What does my blood test result indicate
- How to cure white spots inside the cheek
- What causes leg pain at night
- Fell on hand and thumb is swollen and red
- Exercise cold numb right foot
- Fatty lump just above clavicle
- Ferocious behavior towards pets and children
- Hip knee leg pain causes
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- Could constipation in a child lead to bleeding from rectum
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- Extra cervical rib precautions