What causes leg pain from mid way between the foot and Knee?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am experiencing pain in my leg from mid way between the foot and Knee right upto the toe and back of the leg. There is mild pain throughout the day but when i bend the leg with my weight it pains severly and continues for some time it started 3 days ago when i was on my toes sitting with full weight....also I experienced tailbone pain for a day after which the tailbone pain went away. please suggest me.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You have not mentioned any history of trauma so is am assuming your pain to be non-traumatic. You should get x-ray both knees standing done in AP and Lateral view, x-ray affected knee in skyline view and x-ray lumbo-sacral view done in AP and Lateral view done. We will be able to get a clear picture after getting the reports. Your treating doctor who will do your physical examination and will be able to correlate it with the reports. I usually prescribe painkiller and muscle relaxants like aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside to my patients who present with a similar scenario. My advice is that you should avoid climbing upstairs and squatting as much as you can. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. I hope you have got your answer. You are welcome to ask further query if any in your mind. Thanks. Dr. Singh.