What causes left sided pain while breathing?

When i breathe my left side hurts really bad and i feel as if it gets worse after i drink something (oj, water). This started twl says ago and for the past fee montha when i took in a deep breath if felt as if jncould feel a clicking near my right rib. Whats going on? And what thpe of doctor ahould i see?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See a primary care doctor! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query.. I am so sorry to hear about this pain and the symptoms you have reported. Where do you feel this pain? Is in in the chest or in the abdomen? On which side of the body is this pain? Right or left? This pain could be cause by condition in the abdomen like gastritis, gall stones, pancreatitis,lungs, etc. A good interview and examination would be helpful to tell what the most likely origin is and guide further decision on how to approach this. Because the cause is not immediate evident from the information you have provided, starting with your primary care doctor would permit a thorough assessment of this condition. If expertise care is required, you shall be directed to the specialist that need be. There are no red flags that warrant assessment and treatment right away. Get an appointment at your earliest convenience. This will set the ball rolling and permit answers to be gotten and solutions provided. I hope this helps. feel free to ask for clarification and more information if need be. I wish you well and keep me updated as you navigate through the process of getting answers to this. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.