What causes left sided lower back pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
my back is hurting. lower left side. just a dull ache. i feel so very tired also. what's wrong with me?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be due to- Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Pain in the lower back on the left side could be due to a muscular pain, disc prolapse, a pelvic pathology or a renal calculus. Investigations like MRI scan and ultrasound scan will help in the proper diagnosis. Meanwhile you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain.Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care