What causes left sided headaches?

Well this has happened before but it stopped, but when I stand up the left side of my head hurts, it's my temple and a little above . I don't really know how to describe the pain. But maybe like something pressing against my head I don't really know it just hurts . I don't know if I should be worried or not .
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: pleny of causes. need few answers. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are plenty of causes for headache. Some common causes are migraine, tension headache and other organic causes like temporal arteritis etc. To find the cause, I would like to have few answers. During the episodes of headache, do you have any nausea or vomiting? How long this headacje lasts? Either for few seconds of minutes or condone for hours? Whether the pain throbbing or vague sensation? Do you have any seizure or other disorder? Whether any of your family member like father, mother or any one suffering from similar disease or symptoms? Do you have any dizziness or lightheaded? Do you have any ringing in ear or vision problem? Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What causes left sided headaches? 1 hour later
I feel nauseas some times but not very often, no vomiting . They last for as long as I'm standing up usually but it's the worse when I first stand up an then the pain kinda dulls the longer I'm up and moving. But when I sit down it goes away. It's kind of both throbbing and a vague sensation after a while . I do not have any disorders or seizures . None of my family has any disorders either. I do get dizzy and light headed quite often. I do hear riding in my ear but I also have an inner ear canal problem . And some times my vision blurs or in the dark it looks like flickering lights when there is none .
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 32 hours later
Brief Answer: Postural Hypotension or due to your inner ear prob Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. I suspect you may be suffering from postural hypotension. It is the fall in blood pressure which occurs on standing. The symptoms are headache, dizziness, blurry vision, light headedness. Do you have a job where you sit for long duration? This leads to pooling of blood in the lower extremities. You can avoid this by standing gradually from sitting position, drinking lots of water, eating multiple small meals instead of few large ones. Further for these postural hypotension, you should rule out any cardiovascular disease by properly getting examined by cardiologist. Another possibility of this problem is due to your inner ear canal problem. We all know that inner ear is important for maintaining balance of our body in different positions. When there is a damage to inner ear, you may get these problems of Headache, dizziness, light headedness, ringing in ear etc. The ear's balance center is made up of microscopic hairs with a layer of fluid on top of them. When you move, the fluid shifts, causing the hairs to move. This tells your body that you moved, and what position you are currently in. It allows you to recognize up from down even with your eyes closed. When something is wrong with these hairs, or this mechanism, quick movements will cause dizziness, disorientation, headaches, lightheadedness, nausea and vomiting. This problem can be easily sorted by properly following ENT Physician advice. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What causes left sided headaches? 12 hours later
Thank you very much .
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: thank you Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for accepting my answers. Please let me know if you have any further queries.