What causes left sided headache with pressure?

Left side of the head steady pain feels like pressure Temple & ear & dizzy Pressure at 135 over 65
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1. How long does the headache stay? How frequent is the headache? 2. How does it get relieved? 3. Since how long are you having these headache? 4. Any imbalance, double vision, falshes of light , nausea or vomiting during he headaches? 5. Does it even happen on in the right side as well? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Follow-up: What causes left sided headache with pressure? 15 minutes later
1 hard to say ! Off & On all day especially when I lay down on my side. 2 Sumatriptan 50 mg, Labetarl 300 mg a day 3 6 to 8 mos ... Off & On 4 no 5 sometimes but most of the time the left side ! Like pressure in the temple & Behind the ear itself
Brief Answer: Tension headache Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow-up information. The headache that you are describing appears to be the tension headache. The fact that it may occur on both sides and may stay all day long on and off and has been so since 6-8 months , all go in favour of the diagnosis. I see many such patients in my clinic and they respond very nicely to the combination of Amitriptyline 25 mg and chlordiazepoxide 10mg taken every night for a few weeks. Also you may try some relaxation exercises like Jacobson progressive muscle relaxation and yoga. Try starting some hobby and take out time with your family. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.