What causes left sided chest pain with headache?
User rating for this question
I have a pain on my left side of my chest. It pretty much goes away when I'm laying down. I also have a headache right in front. What could be wrong?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: muscular origin/gastritis Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. It pretty much seems like muscular in origin. It could be gastritis as well. I do not think it is related to your heart. Headache is unrelated to the chest pain. I would suggest you to get your blood pressure checked one to see if it is normal. You could take simple antacids like Omeprazole 20mg before breakfast for next 3 days so that the gastritis is taken care of. If the pain is more, you can take tablet Panadol as and when required. I would advise you to take complete bed rest for a day, consume bland diet and drink plenty of fluids orally. You should be fine in a day; nothing to worry. Take care!
People also viewed
- Bananas bad for coronary heart disease
- Is rectal bleeding a side effect of promethazine hcl and codeine phosphate?
- High pulse from bacteria
- Is muscle spasm or jerking of all extremities a side effect of sertraline?
- How long bacteria live on chapstick
- What does a left sided chest pain indicate
- Can a bacterial infection cause heart palpitations
- Is shortness of breath or troubled breathing a side effect of montelukast?
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- Is skin rash other than at the application site a side effect of pennsaid?
- Is painful or prolonged erection of the penis a side effect of paroxetine?
- Crystal methamphetimine bacterial infection enlarged heart
- Upper left side chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache