What causes left sided body pain,palpitations and green discharge from breasts?

Hi there I am a 44 woman from Ontario Canada that has been experiencing left sided aching more than pain, palpitations which I take medication for, ache under left armpit, as well as my left shoulder, neck and arm ache at times usually a very tight feeling, doctor clinics when I go to them always call an ambulance since it is accompanied by sweating, and light headedness and at time vomiting. Each time my heart is ruled out and they discharge me usually the next day. I also have noticed that there is discharge yellowish green and sticky from both breast more so on my left, the lab results showed low white blood count, could all of this just be peri menopause if so what should I do to keep these episodes from happening again, I have increased vitamin d3 to 4000 units to try and help with my extreme exhaustion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following suggestions to your queries.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with HCM. You are referring to have pain associated with heart palpitations and occasional vomiting, where no heart problem has been reported. At this point, you should do a cervical X-ray to rule out muscular-skeletal problems. A further consultation with neurologist is needed to exclude neurological issues. With regards to green sticky discharge, it might indicate a possible infection of breast. I suggest to - do ultrasound of the breasts - do culture the breast discharge for bacteria and fungus to get proper treatment. - get the breasts physically checked by your physician to exclude other non-infectious breast issues I advise to - apply warm clothing to the pain area - apply analgesic cream to the pain area - keep massaging your arm and cervical area - keep good hygiene of your breasts Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: What causes left sided body pain,palpitations and green discharge from breasts? 48 hours later
Hi there thank you for your answer and advice, I am going to my family doctor on Monday to ask him to send me for an angiogram my father got really upset that after my sixth time to the er for the same thing they still have not gone this route even after I disclosed my family history. He said that both my uncle and himself had exactly these discomforts, such as the tightness, sweating(even at rest) even though my skin is freezing cold to the touch, the exhaustion and light headedness. The nipple stuff I am not too worried because there is no pain just oozes sometimes, I feel more hormonal and possibly my never closed after I nursed my children just over twenty years ago. My uncle went undiagnosed for many years with these same symptoms with every test coming back normal until one day he had a heart attack and then they found the blockage. My father went for years as well with these same symptoms and he told me he had all the same tests I had and his all came back normal too, he said he went and insisted on an angiogram and when they did that they found two blockages one where they were able to put in a stint and the other was too narrow, and he takes nitro spray if he has a bad day. I am still exhausted have a tight chest and the sweating comes and goes no matter what I am doing, one minute dry next I am cold and wet. I am also concerned with my white blood cell count being low it was recorded as 3.6 not too crazy low however with me feeling so tired I wonder if this may be why. I went for a long walk yesterday when I had more energy however today I am so exhausted I just do not get it. I have always been referred as the energizer bunny to my friends now it is difficult to go out for more than a couple of hours without my head getting fuzzy my eyes blurry and total exhaustion.
Brief Answer: Possible hormonal changes entering menopause... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Having a family history of heart disease increases your chance to get heart problems, however, does not necessarily mean you should have heart problems. It is great that you are going to schedule an appointment with your doctor and to run further tests as mentioned earlier together with cardiac screening (including angiography and chest X-ray). If everything will result normal, then, it is related to hormonal changes as you are entering peri/menopausal life-stage. With regards to having low white blood cells, I kindly ask to upload the test results for further assistance. Please bare in mind that different laboratories do have different reference range for evaluating white blood cells. Thank you! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What causes left sided body pain,palpitations and green discharge from breasts? 2 hours later
Thanks again I have uploaded my blood work test results. Again thanks
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 9 hours later
Brief Answer: All parameters of blood work within normal range.. Detailed Answer: Hi again my dear, Thank you for sending in your blood work test results. The one I received (INR, APTT, PT, Sedimentation rate), all the parameters were within the normal levels. I am happy to know they are ok. However, as long as there is greenish discharge coming from your breasts, I still insist to run the culture and sensitivity testing together with breast ultrasound, and biopsy to rule out other problems as mentioned earlier. All the best! P.s. You can keep up sending the tests reports you will run and I'd be happy to assist you further! Thank you!
Follow-up: What causes left sided body pain,palpitations and green discharge from breasts? 11 hours later
hi again somehow when I was uploading the other three pages of results did not go to you can you please look over these ones as well and give me some more feedback.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 15 hours later
Brief Answer: No problem was seen in your reports... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for following up. I have seen your reports and everything seemed to be normal. No changes in your blood profile. However, I still insist to go on further examination of your breasts and get proper treatment. I also suggest to run annual full check-ups to catch cardio-vascular or other problems in time. All the best! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What causes left sided body pain,palpitations and green discharge from breasts? 39 hours later
Thank you so much for the great advice and second opinion. For sure I will be watching changes throughout the next part of my life I feel that most likely there truly is not anything to worry about and most likely I am just growing older and starting my journey towards menopause. My mind goes to ease knowing these results have been looked over, I think I have seen too many doctors that I have become confused. I truly am going the natural way and am going to experiment with vitamins to help get through these transition years. Thanks again for all your help. all the best for your future
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Glad to know I've been of help! Detailed Answer: Hi, Happy to be assisting you. All the best to you too. Dr.Albana You can contact me anytime in the future and I'll be happy to give a second opinion!